Construction Technician I
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Onsite at Kohler, WI
The Construction Technician I works as an assistant to tradesmen. You will perform a wide range of construction tasks, including minor electrical, plumbing, conditioning facilities, and equipment. During the execution of the project, you are responsible not to destroy properties and equipment by removing furniture, equipment from the work site, and wall fixtures. After construction is complete, you oversee restoring office areas and facilities to their original condition. As the Construction Technician you also manages and monitors all equipment and tools used for everyday construction.
- Dry walling, plastering, painting, etc.
- Assist Tradesmen
- Help manage construction sites, keeping it clean, in compliance with OSHA laws, and state safety Laws.
- Drill and blast into earth and rock, also level concrete using trowels and shovels.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoist in place for projects.
- Follow all state and OSHA safety requirements to implement good safety conditions at work site.
- Work with construction crew on display build, renovation, and repair work on an as needed basis.
- Perform basic demolition and construction duties.
- Perform plumbing installation.
- High School diploma or equivalent. High School diploma.
- 1 year trade experience
- Attention to Detail
- Strong work ethic and honesty
- Strong knowledge of their trade
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to function in a high paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Ability to follow policy and procedures.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
The hourly range for this position is $17.70 - $22.10. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
*Important update for candidates applying to roles within Kohler Energy, including Power Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy, Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies.
On November 6, Kohler Co. announced the strategic decision to establish Kohler Energy as a separate, independent business with Platinum Equity as the majority investment partner. Kohler will continue to stay invested in the Energy business following the closing and remains committed to supporting the acceleration of long-term growth strategies for both organizations. Talent and operational transition plans are underway, and Kohler Co. and Platinum Equity expect the agreement to close in the first half of 2024.Thank you for your interest in joining our growing team as we embark on the next phase of growth!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at .
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal and the .