Clackamas County - Clackamas, OR
Full Time (30+ hours per week)
$16.50 - $18.68 Hourly
IDD Residential Care
Caregiving at Kerr is a rewarding career where youll make a difference in peoples lives. We offer a stable, safe, and nurturing environment where residents are comforted knowing they have a place to call home.
Our group home Caregivers are Direct Support Professionals who enable individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their desired quality of life. You provide opportunities for residents to live as independently as possible by supporting their life-skill development, education, behavior management, and socialization.
If youre looking for a mission-driven career where youll positively impact your community, we encourage you to apply for opportunities in group homes throughout Milwaukie and Oregon City! Our caregiving positions start at $16.50 per hour for regular staff. Relief positions start at $18.68 per hour and require employees work any shift and location assigned within area served. Upon hire, youll participate in a three-week paid training to give you the knowledge, skills and certifications needed to provide the best care and support.
Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- You provide high-quality, personal care while creating a fun, positive, and caring environment
- You interact with the people we support, family members, community members, medical professionals, team members and others in a positive and professional manner
- You ensure a clean, safe and protected environment
- You provide input for Individual Support Plan (ISP) development and ensure plans are followed
- You learn and follow Behavior Support Plans (BSP) and Medical Support Plans (MSP), implement Oregon Intervention Systems (OIS) interventions
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits help keep you safe and healthy
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability coverage provide you a safety net for the unexpected
- Paid holidays and generous time off allow you to enjoy your time on and off the clock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer match to plan for your future
- Consistent, punctual, and flexible
- At least 18 years' old
- Verbal and written English language proficiency sufficient to communicate with people we support, co-workers, and community members
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Licensed driver with at least two years' driving experience (required for all relief positions and most day or swing shifts; night shifts typically do not require a drivers license)