.. supports and services. Follows up within 48 hours of a member's admission to an acute medical or psychiatric hospital, and coordinates with member and hospital staff to facilitate hospital discharges. Supports safe transitions for members moving between care settings, including but not limited to hospital .. see more
At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world's most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.Senior Researcher, BiologyGeneral Summary:Eisai has been dedicated for decades to the pursuit of novel therapeutics to improve the lives of people suffering from dementia and their families. Recognizing the potential for human genetics, data sciences and precision chemistry to disrupt the drug discovery paradigm, Eisai launched the Eisai Center for Genetics Guided Dementia Discovery (G2D2) in 2019 to accelerate the discovery of innovative therapeutics. G2D2 is a unique drug discovery organization driven by a diverse group of passionate, dedicated and collaborative scientists committed to one goal: delivering breakthroughs for patients and their families. All Eisai employees, as part of the company’s human health care (hhc) mission, spend at least 1% of their working time with patients and families to ensure that the innovation we drive is based on an understanding of their real needs.A historical strength of G2D2, driven by insights from human genetics, is immunodementia: targeting immune-related targets for dementia. Expanding from this strength to additional themes in the biology of neurodegenerative disorders, we focus not only on how human genetics and other human biology data may identify and validate therapeutic targets with increased likelihood of success in clinical trials, but also how this data guides selection of the best approaches to design new therapeutics and deliver them to the right patient at the right time. Recognizing the obvious alignment between human genetics and nucleic acid modalities, our precision chemistry strategy is to validate human biology hypotheses by utilizing our unique RNA-targeting therapeutic platform. G2D2’s expertise in harnessing molecular complexity (stereochemistry and topology) to successfully discover and develop natural product based therapeutics has been applied to create an evolving unique nucleic acid therapeutic platform that is being employed globally in multiple clinical and pre-clinical programs at Eisai.G2D2’s cutting-edge 50,000-square-foot facility is strategically located in Cambridge, MA, to accelerate collaborations with leading research institutes in this world-class biotech hub. Our facility is designed around an open-lab concept, enabling scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds to work together in a single integrated lab space. Our labs include state-of-the-art capabilities that support the variety of disciplines located at the site, including medicinal and process chemistry, in-vitro and in-vivo biology, microscopy, DMPK, drug safety, chemical and structural biology, automation and screening, and more. G2D2 is home to Eisai’s global capabilities in neurology discovery data science as well as other global Eisai functions, including global health, DMPK, Safety, and IP, thus providing a rich environment for cross-functional interaction. Our office is designed to foster an atmosphere of mission-driven and collaborative science, using new collaboration tools and technologies, and is being optimized to support a hybrid work environment.At Eisai, we highly value both internal and external collaboration and pursue flexible research models with a range of external scientific partners to accelerate delivery of innovative medicines. To this end, the G2D2 facility includes the Eisai Innovation Center Biolabs, which provides space and infrastructure to start-up/spin-out companies conducting high-risk but potentially transformative research that can impact the discovery of breakthrough neuroscience therapeutics.More information about G2D2 is provided here (http://eisai.mediaroom.com/2018-06-12-Eisai-Inc-to-Launch-Center-for-Genetics-Guided-Dementia-Discovery-in-Cambridge-Massachusetts) and here (https://us.eisai.com/research/g2d2), and about Eisai's Neurology strategy and pipeline are provided here (https://www.eisai.com/index.html).Job SummaryWe are seeking a Senior Researcher, Biology, to join the iPSC team in the Translational Models Department. This role's main responsibilities will be maintaining stem cell lines and differentiating brain cell types including microglia, neurons, and astrocytes. Additional responsibilities will include conducting characterization and functional assays and working with colleagues to generate multi-cell culture and 3D models to explore disease mechanisms and compound effects in support of our drug discovery programs for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases.Primary Responsibilities:The successful candidate will be proficient in utilizing his/her experience on iPSC differentiation and disease model characterization. Specifically, this person will be responsible for:
- Hands-on work on multiple parallel brain cell differentiations.
- Optimize conditions for complex iPSC in vitro cultures platforms.
- Help develop iPSC in vitro disease 2D/3D models.
- Routinely performs quality check of stem cells and differentiated brain cells, quality control of differentiation batches (karyotyping, mycoplasma testing, ICC, Flow cytometry).
- BS degree in Cell Biology or Neuroscience with 2+ years of laboratory experience in industry setting required; (OR) MS degree in Cell Biology or Neuroscience with no prior laboratory industry experience, but with academic research experience or industry internships may be considered.
- Experience in developing iPSC derived 2D and/or 3D disease models.
- Expertise in the execution and development of in vitro differentiation of iPSC, preferably neural and glial cell types including neurons, microglia, astrocytes, and oligodendrocytes.
- Hands-on experience with iPSC culture, maintenance, and quality check (cell line biobanking, thawing cells, stability testing).
- Familiarity with immunocytochemistry, high-content imaging, image analysis, cell-based assays.
- Ability to think critically, design, execute, troubleshoot, analyze experiments, interpret results, and maintain a detailed electronic lab notebook.
- Ability to clearly present results at team meetings.
- Dedicated team player.
- Experience working with complex in vitro systems, such as brain organoids, organ on the chip, is a plus.
- Cell genome engineering experience is a plus.
- Experience electrophysiological recording of neuronal cultures, such as MEA (Multi Electrode Array) is a plus.
- Experience working with liquid handler robot (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan) a plus.