$20,000 sign-on bonus.
As a mobile radiologic technologist, you’ll:
An X-Ray Technologist will perform mobile diagnostic imaging procedures in a variety of settings and locations to support the diagnostic and treatment of disease and injuries. This position will also perform additional duties to maintain and enhance patient care, customer service, image quality, operational efficiency, and the training of other X-Ray Technologists.What You'll Do:
Your day-to-day experience as a mobile radiologic technologist will include:
- Travel by automobile as directed to perform portable x-rays and EKG exams in a variety of settings, including nursing homes, assisted living facilities, correctional institutions, residential homes, and other patient locations.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and protocols while performing diagnostic imaging exams.
- Collect and verify all required order documentation and patient information prior to procedures.
- Prepare & position patient for diagnostic imaging exams.
- Operate portable radiologic equipment at patient's bedside or other designated exam settings.
- Determine exposure factors based on height, weight, body part and degree of penetration required.
- Demonstrate safe work practices appropriate to position; including safe driving, radiation safety and ALARA principles, infection control, use of appropriate personal protective equipment; safe operation of x-ray generators and associated equipment, vehicle loading/unloading of x-ray equipment, safely moving portable x-ray units during patient visits, and other activities associated with performing the responsibilities as a portable x-ray technologist. Prepare images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Process images and review images for diagnostic quality prior to transmission.
- Transmit images and all required associated documentation in a timely manner according to company protocols.
- Complete all forms and maintain records, visit logs, and reports of work performed according to standard protocols.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment; assist with troubleshooting and problem solving of equipment and systems as directed by Company management or Service Department personnel.
- Take good care of vehicle; ensure that the vehicle is well stocked with necessary supplies.
- Operate and behave in full compliance with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations related to portable imaging procedures and standards.
- Perform training and orientation of other employees upon request by management.
- Assist with order taking, validation of studies, communication with reading radiologists, customer call-backs and other administrative and customer support functions as directed.
- Act professionally and exhibit courtesy, friendliness, and a positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, patients, patient's family, client staff, physicians and others.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the mission, values, and ethics of the company.
- Follow direction and adhere to all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Always communicate positively and professionally with everyone.
- Perform work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of company computers, systems, programs and digital x-ray technology.
- Build effective and positive working relationships, foster good teamwork, and contribute to a positive work environment.
Meet all state-specific and federal requirements to perform portable x-rays, including one or more of the following:
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Radiologic Technologist RT (R)
- Limited Scope X-ray Operator — in accordance with State-specific requirements
- State x-ray license (if applicable)
- Has a valid state-issued driver's license and maintains a good driving record.
- Ability to move or lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
About DispatchHealth, Professional Portable X-Ray (PPX), and Dynamic Mobile Imaging (DMI) DispatchHealth is building the world’s largest in-home care system to deliver trusted and compassionate care to all. DispatchHealth offers on-demand acute care and an advanced level of medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own homes. DispatchHealth’s emergency medicine and internal medicine trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems, EMS, employer groups, and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute Care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings, and holidays and can be requested online or a quick phone call. DMI and PPX radiologic technologists travel locally to diagnose patients in their own homes or at a facility. As the premiere provider of portable digital x-rays, ultrasounds, EKGs, holter monitors, echocardiograms, and dopplers we pride ourselves on having superior digital technology which allow for expedited care. Home health care services are becoming increasingly common, and this is a great opportunity to become part of one of the fastest growing mobile imaging companies in the country.Connect With Us:
Get to know us! Watch the video to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , X, and YouTube to learn more.