Do you have the career opportunities as a Hematology Oncology Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Dallas which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Medical City Dallas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Dallas!Job Summary and Qualifications
CLINICAL NURSE COORDINATOR REGISTERED NURSE – PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGY AND ONCOLOGY UNIT – FULL-TIME
Our Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center features dedicated, compassionate pediatric specialists committed to providing leading-edge treatment for infants, children and adolescents with all types of pediatric cancer and blood disorders. We also strive to offer families the support and hope they need following a cancer diagnosis. The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit during their designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the RN Supervisor directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-centered care
- Supervise assigned personnel assuring quality patient care and efficient and effective work processes
- Support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations
- Assist with staff scheduling and manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines
- Support the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives
What qualifications you will need:
- BSN required / MSN preferred
- Texas RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Must have at least two (2) years of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology RN experience in an acute care hospital
Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the worldâ€™s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Hematology Oncology Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.