$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Careers with MedExpress . At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Radiologic Technologist, Full Scope (X-ray technologist, X-ray tech) or Radiologic Technologist, Limited Scope (limited scope X-ray operator, limited medical radiologic technologist, limited licensed technologist, LMRT, OR basic machine operator) is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other basic nursing duties as assigned. In addition, they ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is Little Rock, AR though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
Location: 12300 Chenal Pkwy, Little Rock, AR 72211
Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts (8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.) per week
Specialty: MedExpress Urgent Care
Hours may include rotating weekends/holidays and may vary with patient volume and business need.
- Complete provider orders per state and provider regulations
- Perform accurate X-rays as ordered by the provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA
- Prepare and transmit images to the radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports
- Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Other basic nursing duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
In addition, you may receive:
- Hourly rate incentives (Flex Pay, Standby Pay)
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- Career development and training for other roles you may be interested in
- Medical Plan options, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Annual bonus and merit increase potential
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Active, unrestricted and state appropriate Radiologic Technologist license and/or certification
- BLS certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days
- Maintain CEU/CME’s as applicable for licensure
- Currently affiliated with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (e.g. Certified and Registered with ARRT or successfully passed the core modules of the ARRT limited scope of practice exams)
- Must be willing to work 12-hr shifts (full-time is equal to 3 days per week, part-time is equal to 1-2 days per week)
- Must be willing to travel to other local work sites on an as needed basis, within 50 miles
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends, and a rotating flexible schedule
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Completed Accredited Radiology Technology Program (LMRT) and have passed the Core, Chest, Extremities, Skull/Sinuses and Spine ARRT limited scope of practice exams for radiography
- State-specific details: AR limited licensed technologist is restricted to performing Ribs, Sternum, Hip/Pelvis & Abdomen studies
- Current X-ray certification
- 2+ years of clinical experience in related field (including venipuncture and lab specimen collection, point of care testing, and employer health services)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.