This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter:
Under direction of the Facility/Utility Engineering Manager, contribute to the design, development and enhancement of all of the plant facility and utility equipment. Manage projects to replace, modernize and improve plant facilities as required to maintain the plant in peak condition.
Baxter's North Cove site is embarking on an automation journey creating a dedicated engineering team for this program. As the largest manufacturer of IV bags in the US, North Cove is determined to deliver world-class products and processes. The Automation Roadmap team is dedicated to driving sustainable projects and developing innovative solutions.
When you join us, you will work with a team of committed individuals who trust each other to deliver on the tasks at hand. We support innovation and out-of-the-box thinking balanced with collaboration across functions and other teams. Our leadership understands the need for continuous education and provides opportunities for further development.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to tackle problems and make design recommendations under direction of manager. Assess results for application, validity, and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Utilize contractors and design firms to complete capital projects safely and in a timely manner.
- Utilize facility engineering principles to solve problems.
- Act independently to complete projects ranging from small, short-term projects to large multiyear projects.
- Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes. With manager, recommend capital expenditure and cost saving facility/process improvements.
- Study and recommend techniques to improve existing utilities/facilities processes.
- Investigate new sources for utilities/facilities processes.
- With manager, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
- Provide project supervision to maintenance personnel and contractors.
- Collaborate with plant personnel to complete requested facility projects in a timely manner.
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
What you'll bring:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience in a facility/utility engineering role. Electrical or controls experience is a plus. Onsite manufacturing experience required.
- Prefer experience with lean methods (e.g. "six sigma", TPM, etc.)
- Display a solid technical understanding of mechanical engineering principles and procedures and their application to the plant.
- Understand and articulate how own role ties into maintenance and plant operations.
- Demonstrated application of engineering principles related to utility systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of compressed air, steam, and water systems.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions.
- Read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. The estimated base salary for this position is $96,000 - $132,000 annually. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position. We may pay more or less than of the anticipated range based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based on upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, commission, and/or long-term incentive. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply and are selected for an interview.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .