8021 NE Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio, TX 78219
This diesel technician/mechanic position at Penske is focused on providing top service to our customers who have roadside assistance needs. This position will be responsible for being able to diagnose and repair all types of maintenance issues on the truck in all weather conditions in the safest manner on the side of the road.
Qualified candidates will have prior, demonstrated experience in tractor trailer repair and have proficiency in the use of all types of repair tools. Individuals must be willing to drive a Penske Road Assist vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
• Respond timely to road assist calls and repair units by identifying and determining: 1) parts requiring replacement, and 2) warrantable repairs, documented appropriately.
• Perform diagnostics and non-road assist call repairs that can be dropped quickly, as needed.
• Restock rapid assist vehicle with tools, parts, tires, or anything else required to perform an effective road assist.
• Perform maintenance or repairs to road assist vehicle as required.
• When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop repairs as directed by supervisor.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive starting salary
- Shift Premiums - 2nd shift ($2), 3rd shift ($3), Weekends (2$)
- Career Stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of times off
- Strong well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske's Technician Certification Program as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Location and schedule flexibility
• 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
• Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
• Current CDL license with air brake certification required
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Salary: $26.25 per hour
Hours: 1st Shift
· Second shift start times after 11am are eligible for $2.00 per hour shift differential
· Third shift start time after 9pm are eligible for $3.00 per hour shift differential
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy, and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 8021 NE Loop 410
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2330567