A Penske Auto Technician II will diagnose, adjust, and repair automotive, light truck and van series of equipment including, but not limited to the following: repair major components or remove/replace major components including the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little supervision: Engines (gas and light duty diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Suspension components, Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, emission systems, fuel system components etc. with assistance.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
SHIFT: 2nd shift 2p-10:30p Monday - Friday
- Verifiable practical maintenance and repair experience with Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 608/609 certifications
- A valid Drivers license
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Able to use and operate any and all diagnostic computers and equipment required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district and work at any station or shop within the district if required.
- Maintain current ASE or State BAR certification for brake inspection and repair (A-4).
- Have required tools to perform all maintenance and repair work as required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
- The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 2151 SE Frontage Road
Primary Location: US-WI-Sturtevant
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2402081