Up to a $10,000 Sign on Bonus!!
Location: 1101 E. Evergreen Drive Little Chute, WI 54130
Ready to move your career forward? As an experienced Technician at Penske, you’ll perform preventative maintenance and repairs on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
You are a respected, experienced lead at your location—a master technician. You set an example and informally mentor others while learning from your manager. We know you work well independently while doing major and minor repairs, performing road tests to diagnose problems and completing maintenance tasks.
Why is this job awesome?
•Different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
•Continuing education on our vehicle maintenance processes and we use cutting-edge technology to train you. You’ll be inspired and encouraged by the best in the industry.
•We take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are an experienced truck and trailer technician and are interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
Why Penske is for you:
•Competitive starting salary ($33-$40 per hour)
•Shift Premium if $2.50 per hour for 2nd shift
CDL Incentive of $2.00 per hour
•Opportunity for growth through personal and professional development
•Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and many others!
•Time off: we start with three weeks
•Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
•Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
•Location and schedule flexibility
• Doing preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment with little or no supervision and in a timely manner
• Repairing and troubleshooting major components such as engines, transmissions and differentials, including replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components, etc.
• Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Learning new skills through Penske’s technician training
Work 2nd Shift- includes Incentive!! 2nd shift incentive is $2.50 per hour
• 6 years of practical experience with truck and tractor-trailer maintenance
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications (preferred)
• Experienced using all tools of the trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, and hand and power tools)
• Valid driver’s license required, CDL preferred
• The ability to solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
• Basic computer skills
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers’ yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education) and pass a drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, Detroit Diesel, Cummins
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 1101 E Evergreen Dr
Primary Location: US-WI-Kaukauna
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2327292